Adding an unsubscribe link lets your recipients opt out of your emails, thus reducing the risk of being flagged as spam, and to have a cleaner mailing list.
There are 2 ways to include an unsubscribe link in your template with different advantages :
Whenever one of your recipients clicks to unsubscribe, they will be redirected to a page like the following:
When one of your recipients unsubscribe, you will know it through the tracking status of your campaign :
- 1.From the template editor, click on the "Unsubscribe footer" icon 🔕.
- 2.Click on the "Insert Unsubscribe footer" button and you are done.
To add an unsubscribe link, you will need to insert the unsubscribe variable as shown below. It will be replaced by a special link that Mail Merge for Gmail uses to handle unsubscribes.
Here's how to do it:
- 1.In Mail Merge for Gmail, open your template or create a new one.
- 2.In the editor, add the following text "Click here to unsubscribe" (or any other message of your choice)
- 3.Select the text then click on Insert/Edit link 🔗
- 4.In the "Insert/Edit link" popup, select "Unsubscribe" in the dropdown "Link List"
- 5.Click "Save"
When sending your emails, Mail Merge for Gmail will automatically convert the special variable with a unique unsubscribe link letting each of your contact opting-out easily, so be careful to not change the URL by yourself.
Please not than in the template editor, the unsubscribe link is not active.